Monday, September 13, 2010

A Birthday Wish

























Yes, I know I said I was having a break...but I just had to pop back in to tell you my baby turned 14 this week! How did that happen?























Once again, we celebrated with a family dinner...lots of yummy party food...and a big silver dish filled to the brim with chocolates and lollies.

























A pink birthday cake and an ice-cream cake, because one can never have too much cake, don't you think?

















Poor dad had to go and have some time out in the other room because we were all so noisy!


































Happy Birthday darling Abby - your smile lights up every room you walk into, and you have such a kind, generous heart...my wish for you is that you follow your dreams, wherever they may lead you, and to always be true to yourself. I love you to the moon and back.



I want to share something with you here...if you read my blog, you will know I went back to school last year to study Transpersonal Art Therapy. It was truly incredible and I learned a lot about myself.

For some time, I felt quite lost and couldn't really put my finger on what my purpose in life was...after much soul-searching and some extremely intense sessions, a light-bulb went on in my head. I was already living my purpose! Der! Ever since I was a young girl, my dream was to be a mother...I adore children and have always had a strong connection with them.
Why did I feel the need to be 'more'. I love being a stay-at-home mum and creating a nurturing home where my girls can grow. I don't always get it right, and some weeks, believe me, I just want to run away with the circus, but ultimately, I feel what I am doing is right for me. And I no longer feel that pressure to be defined by what I do. I am one of those people that has had a million different jobs, and I always felt there was something wrong with me...why couldn't I be like everyone else? Why couldn't I just stick with something?
But you know what? I no longer care - I will probably have many more jobs in my life and that is ok. Meeting other people who were like me was enormously healing for me. I realised I wasn't such a 'flake' after all...I am proud to be a Domestic Goddess - everything else I may achieve in my life is just icing on the cake.

9 comments:

  1. Wow..what a beautiful celebration ..gorgeous post!Lovely and so special!

    and wow..you words are powerful and so heart-touching! Shine on! Yay..it is so powerful to find that Knowing within..I am thrilled you feel that freedom to be divine as you are! Truly perfect! there is such power and freedom when you dance in the open space of your own truth!

    we are true kindreds, I dont worry about all the labels and definations..i simply love walking a creative magical life...and feel honored to embody that in whatever form it takes..it is my purpose! I celebrate that space within me that is so infinite and does not define me by the external world..I find my true essence in that inner world where i am always free to be me...and try to carry that out into the world as best I can..
    Feel blessed that you are one of the lucky ones that get to live this kind of magical life and walk this unique path..celebrate it...we are lucky! others may not quite get us...but hey..thats ok too! we all walk a divine path!
    Cheers to you..
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful post!
    hugs
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your sweet Abby!!!
    You are right, being a mum might be one of the most blessed things you will achieve in your life. I cannot have children but I do make sure I spend a wonderful time with them. Or shall I say, I make sure to make them have a wobderful time.
    :)

    Lots of jobs? Dear...just left mine...after 6 mths...I cannot tell you what relief it is for me to read your post. I feel " normal". So thank you ever so much for sharing this very intimate thought as you are also helping others by doing so.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. Being a full time mom is the best job in the world. Time you can never get back. I quit my at home job of medical transcription of 25 year, back in April and have basically been playing ever since. I don't want to be anything when I grow up! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh being a mumma is the best job ever.....you know i love your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see, this here is why I love blogging - you girls are the best! Thankyou, each of you precious girls, for your beautiful comments...they mean so much to me. As I have said before, sometimes I'm not sure just how much of myself to share here, but reading your words makes it all worthwhile. I am glad to know that my stories may inspire someone else...and believe me, I have some doozies! I appreciate each and every one of you that visits my little corner of the world x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAppy birthday to your daughter! she is such a beauty and looks like she is a sweetheart too! I hope it was all grand! She looks like she had a great time. And she's lucky to have such a special mama who loves her!
    happy day to you Tina! xo natalea

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks amazingggg! That CAKE! thanks for putting some magic and hapiness into my day :-)

    xoxo Bardot in Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELL.....First....Happy Birthday to your baby girl! They do grow up way too fast! And as for figuring out that you are doing your purpose in life by being at home with your girls.....AMEN to that!!! I have been out of work for almost a year now.....and that is for several reasons.....but none the less.....it has been such a great blessing! I have my days of guilt and think I should be doing something.....but I AM doing something.....I am here for my daughters.....in whatever they need! I too have been someone that has had many many jobs.....and always wondered what the heck was wrong with me.....and wanting so badly to be able to be at home....and then when I finally got it.....I felt guilty!! So silly.....I know....but most of the time now.....I know it is what I'm supposed to be doing and should have been doing all along. We are truly blessed! I say LET'S PLAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday wishes, it looks as though you all had a wonderful time, you made everything just perfect. I understand so the feelings you describe, for many years i had them too, when i knew in my heart that to me my job was being mum to my 3 precious ones. It is a wonderful place to be and i am so glad to hear you say that now you dont care -domestic godddess sounds great to me. Now my 3 have grown i know i gave them the best i could and i have wonderful memories of all those times, and know there will be lots more to come. x

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x