Monday, July 18, 2011

Some Wonderful News and the promise of Spring...

 Firstly, I would like to thank each one of you for coming here and leaving such beautiful notes, and for keeping Steve in your thoughts and prayers...I have some wonderful news! After one of the most horrendous weeks I have ever experienced, I am beyond elated to report that Steve is awake, and appears to have no brain damage! I simply cannot believe his miraculous recovery (for that is what the doctors' are calling it).

When he was airlifted to the hospital on Monday evening, his brain had swelled so much, they had to perform two operations, and we honestly did not think he would make it through the night...On Wednesday night, the school held a service in the chapel which was incredibly heart-breaking to see his mother and the kids in such pain. All of his friends spent every day in the hospital visiting with Steve, talking to him, and comforting his mother...then they would spend the nights with each other - they couldn't bear being alone.

On Friday night, the doctors began to reduce his sedation, and we were prepared for the worst - on Saturday, he slowly began to wake up and was responding by squeezing hands and making eye contact! You cannot imagine how excited we all were!

On Sunday, they removed his breathing tubes and Steve was able to talk! He remembered the accident, and who everyone was...isn't that the best news ever?!
I haven't yet spoken to Kim (his mother) about his long-term prognosis, but at this stage, everything is looking up...again, I thank you all for your beautiful support - it meant more to me than you can imagine, and to the follower that left my blog during this time, I send you light and love, but honestly, couldn't you have waited a week? Not cool....I really don't care that you left here - I am, after all, a boring housewife, but your timing sucked! ok, got that off my chest, hee hee.
How I wish I could invite you all over and spoil you with cupcakes and champagne! You are truly the best!

And in the very wise words of the great Carl Jung....

The word "happiness" would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness"

I have used photos here from the ones I took last spring...I love the metaphor of the seasons in the garden, and thought these were perfect for this post...spring follows winter, winter follows autumn, autumn follows summer, and so on it goes....sun comes up, sun goes down...blessings to you all xxx

21 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Steve is doing well. I will still send lots of love and healing to him, his family and everyone affected.

    Many Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that Steve is doing better. You all were on my mind everyday. I will continue to send love and light your way. I love your magical pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooopeeee!!!! It was the faeries... I just know it (he he)! Prayer can work!
    Lots and lots of love,
    Tricia

    PS I will send a Cornish Pixie over to your lost follower to wreck a little mayhem... nothing serious, just a bit of dishevelment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such wonderful news, I am so happy for you, your friends and family. Keeping up the prayers for a speedy recovery.

    Don't take the follower thing to heart - maybe someone just deleted their account. Losing a follower sucks at the best of times (I know I always take it to heart), but chin up, you're clearly better off without them and you have us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!!!!!
    i'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetheart, that is the bestest of news. x x ps the very last think i would say you are is boring x x we love u & your magical place here to pieces x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Tina,
    I am so happy to learn that Steve is on the road to recovery and progressing so well! His parents much have let go of that giant breath they were holding. will continue to keep him in my thoughts.

    By the way, you are far from boring. This is one of my favorite places to visit. Full of fun and vigor you are, and richly blessed with a magical imagination! As far as loosing followers, darlin', I have lost seven in the past few months. Perhaps people just move on, or update their accounts to their most visited sites. I stopped taking it personally, though it is a bit morose watching your readers just "disappear". Don't worry, others will find you! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LOvely Tina!! I just red about your friend's story and i'm so happy he is well !!! Hope everything will be fine again for him and for his family and you!! I'm sending my positive thoughts !!
    HUgs and kisses! :o)
    p.s: BEaUtiful photos !!! How i wish i could be for once in your magical garden !!!!
    Have a beautiful day my friend!!! (o;

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great news for Steve and his family. Shows the power of prayer and sending healing thoughts to others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shining healing thoughts for Steve...let's hear it for the healing power of love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina..I just read about Steve and was so happy to hear the good news... may he be lifted up back to wellness and health... and I love your pictures as usual... so pretty!

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi tina - that is the best news - i so hope his recovery continues with such amazing promise......& your little blog always makes me smile & my heart sing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, blessed news. May The Lord continue to bless Steven abundantly with a full recovery. Glad you mentioned the pics were from your spring, for as I was admiring them all, I was thinking, WAIT! Isn't it winter now? WHEW. Not completely out of touch with the world! **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm so very happy to hear of Steve's miraculous transformation and pending recovery! This is such an inspiring Post for anyone facing health challenges, miracles do still happen and the testimony of one is often enough of an encouragement to keep Hope alive for others going through.

    Thank you for your encouraging and beautiful words in support of our Mom... she is having some good days and that is when we celebrate her Life, while she is well enough to still enjoy some time this side of time and eternity.

    Your photography and vignettes as usual are inviting and inspiring... I found a great online Nag Champa site that sells all things Nag Champa... just google Nag Champa and it comes up, I've bought some amazing things from them... I especially love the Shampoo and Body Lotions.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, HURRAY FOR BLOG SISTAS!!! Now I'm waiting to drool over the Post you shall create with your Tricia Fountaine enchanted Hat creation!!! She is certainly the Best... when I enter her magical World I rarely want to come back! *winks* Actually I want to live in that Faerie Cottage she has recently created... just our Style!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Foot Note... I've found that the disappearing Supporter thing can be a Blogger temp glitch... I've had things disappear, reappear, do all kinds of crazy things... and then eventually return to normal! Your delightful Blog is anything but boring... it is enchanting my Friend! Kindred Spirits will continue to connect and appreciate this niche you have carved out in the wonderful Land Of Blog...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear sweet Tina, as you know, I've been away for a bit with no access to the internet. I have read your latest posts and enjoyed each and everyone. This one is particularly moving. Amazing what life can take away and return! So very glad for the positive news. May they continue to be just so. Much love and thank you for your e-mail. You're just the best! XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so thrilled for your news and after hearing some sad news cheared me up immensely. I am so glad things are looking up for you. Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just tremendous news, Tina!!!! It was the power of positive healing vibes - I am sure. Hurray!!! And what a fitting quote you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay Tina...hugs of joy and light..such fantastical news! I am thrilled for all involved! HUgs!! YEAy!
    Beautiful shots..lovely one of you...they are all awesome..and especially that last one..woah....eye-candy...BEAUTIFUL!!YOu are fabulous always! I am very happy for you..much love from across the miles..
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x