Monday, September 26, 2011

Dragonfly

✿ "Once, in a little pond, in the muddy water under the lily pads, there lived a little water beetle in a community of water beetles. Once in a while, sadness would come to the community when one of their fellow beetles would climb the stem of a lily pad and would never be seen again. They knew when this happened; their friend was dead, gone forever.

✿ Then, one day, one little water beetle felt an irresistible urge to climb up that stem. However, she was determined that she would not leave forever. She would come back and tell her friends what she had found at the top. When she reached the top and climbed out of the water onto the surface of the lily pad, she was so tired, and the sun felt so warm, that she decided she must take a nap.

✿ As she slept, her body changed and when she woke up, she had turned into a beautiful blue-tailed dragonfly with broad wings and a slender body designed for flying. So fly she did! And, as she soared she saw the beauty of whole new world and a far superior way of life to what she had never known existed.

✿ Then she remembered her beetle friends and how they were thinking by now she was dead. She wanted to go back to tell them, and explain to them that she was now more alive than she had ever been before. Her life had been fulfilled rather than ended. But her new body would not go down into the water. She could not get back to tell her friends the good news.

✿ Then she understood that their time would come, when they, too, would know what she knew. So, she raised her wings and flew off into her joyous new life!"

~ Anonymous ~

8 comments:

  1. I have always found dragonflies beautiful and intriguing. This story is lovely. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that story and dragonfly's! That is actually my next tattoo in memory of my niece who didn't make it. I know she is flying and enjoying watching all of us especially her 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Thank you sweetie for this post xox
    Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, I am so sorry for your niece who didn't make it...but I mean this in a spiritually awakening sense. The way I live my life now is to take it slowly and enjoy the simple things, and the beauty of nature. To be present in the moment, and to experience the joy in each moment. Just to be still and to be present with those around you is the greatest gift. I have had some hard lessons to learn over the past few years, but am grateful for my mistakes, for they have shown me a better way to 'be'. My life is so much richer now...that is the meaning of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought a tear to my eye. I found it very moving and so beautiful. Thank you very much. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful & moving little story, particularly because i so love dragonflys..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tina, this particular post seems to send me a special message for this morning I found a dead dragonfly in my garden. I was so sad to see it laying there, it's gorgeous wings shining on the wet grass. I just hope it's life was filled with bright, happy days. Great to be back, visit you, and catch a glimpse of your lovely world. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this story! Dragonflies have always been a thing with me....this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alina, it is so lovely to hear from you, as you were on my mind only last week! I have tried to leave a comment over at your blog a few times, but it won't let me...I will keep trying, but in the meantime, welcome back x

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x