Sunday, October 02, 2011

Some me time

It is school holidays here, and I have just returned from the little beach house. The weather wasn't very kind, but we had a lovely time nevertheless. The beach was magnificent as always...long walks with the wind in my hair and the roar of the ocean in my ears. Just beautiful...

The rain did keep me indoors for a time, but it was the perfect excuse to curl up in bed with a novel and the sound of the rain falling on my little tin roof - cosy indeed, with Pip curled up at the end of the bed. I managed to escape for a few precious hours into the realms of imagination, between the pages of a library book - my idea of bliss.
My little bedroom at the beach house is a tiny room at the top of the stairs, with a peaked roof and a little window which looks out at the inlet...we are near farmland, and from my little hideaway you can hear the cows and the sheep in the meadows...a very comforting sound, and the perfect place to spend a rainy day.

I am home again now, and need to get busy in the studio. I have decided to take part in a swap with some lovely ladies on facebook...we each must make our version of a dreamcatcher and we have been given the name of a partner to swap with. A little while back I made a dreamcatcher and it was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to making another. Do you remember this one?

I will be sure to take a photo to share when I have finished my dreamcatcher.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week...and remember to 'sprinkle a little magic everyday'.

5 comments:

  1. your little beach house escape sounds like it was just what u needed...it's sooo nice to slow down sometimes - (we have recently swapped rooms with our little precious & i am very excited as i now have a little french door leading to our courtyard, can't wait to lay in bed & gaze out the door).... & very weird u should write about your dream catcher (i saw it on your blog previously & fell in love with it instantly)- & was only thinking of it yesterday, as i want to make one similar to hang off my door...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach house sounds like a wonderful place to be. I have a dreamcatcher that a friend made for me years ago, love it. Can't wait to see what you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you took some restorative time for yourself to renew your Energy and Spirit... we all need that precious time to deposit back into ourselves that which we have given out to others.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Tina...you are such a beautiful and magical soul! Love the mask..love the quote and yoru pure spirit shining through...you are wonderful my friend..love the photos..love your dreamcatcher..just gorgeous and so beautiful!! Sounds like a super fun swap...enjoy enjoy!
    Mystic hugs and sparkles kindred sister...and thankyou for your lovely visits and supportive comments always..hugs..they mean so much!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even a beach house in the rain is magical and romantic. :) Can't wait to see the dreamcatcher you will create this go around. I adore dreamcatchers! :)

    ReplyDelete

"We are each of us angels with only one wing...and we can fly only be embracing each other." Thankyou for taking the time to visit. Please leave me a comment, as I love to read them x